So now that I've had a few days to rest (in short, 2-3 hour spurts of course), I wanted to write a quick post about what we'd been up to in class before all these crazy changes began. First and foremost, Pumpkin Science! I do this activity each year, but this year I decided to create a tab book for the kids to track their data in their science journals. The goal is to both introduce and refine our measurement and observational skills using pumpkins. The kids had a total blast measuring, counting, observing, and predicting.
Here's a little showcase of our fun:
So there you have it! When we completed all our investigations the kids had the chance to reflect on their learning. I had some great responses! I will be working on a copy of the book and posting it soon. Just refining a few pages based on our use.