Monday, November 12, 2012

More Holiday Fun

As I mentioned earlier, I love the holidays. I also love teaching writing, and the holidays are a time where I can get students really excited about writing...even when their minds are already on winter break. One project I love to do is the interview with Santa. It gives us a chance to discuss perspective taking, and some years I get a reporter to come in and talk about his or her career with us. It is SUPER fun, and the students love it.
I have posted my file for this project on TpT. You can get it here!

2 comments:

theschooledteacher said...

Do you teach at a private school? I see blogs I follow with this sort of holiday content and I think I may have stumbled upon a group of teachers at private schools! (not that I don't still learn from you!)

Mrs. D said...

Nope, I teach at a public school with a very diverse population. We are allowed to do holiday activities as long as we don't just focus on Christmas. My students learn about all sorts of winter holidays as we talk about being citizens of a global community.

 
Blogging tips