Saturday, November 10, 2012

Holiday Fun

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite times of year is coming up. I love the holidays, and I love teaching my students about the different holidays that are celebrated this time of year. What I don't love is how little time we have to cover it all, and how many interruptions happen in the winter months. That is why I try to kill two birds with one stone and cover my social studies standards through reading with a class novel study of Horrible Harry and the Holidaze.
This is a simple, easy to read book, which is fabulous because I can push my students to focus on how they can take away new facts from a fictional novel. To help my students focus on information provided on the holidays in the book, I created a trifold and list of key vocabulary, which I have posted on my new TpT page here. In order to share the fun, the first three people to comment on this post and leave their email get this trifold free! Happy teaching!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh!! This looks like a good idea. I think I have this book in my library too :)
cmizufuka@gmail.com
Courtney

Mrs. D said...

Great! Your trifold has been emailed. Please let me know if it does not come.

Fun in Second Grade said...

I just love Horrible Harry!
Diane
adireland73@gmail.com
http://funinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

Chanda said...

I would love a copy of your trifold. I have a few copies of this book in my classroom. Thanks for sharing.

jontaylon@yahoo.com

Mrs. D said...

Great! I will send this file out bright and early tomorrow morning. I am checking the blog on the iPad from bed right now.

 
Blogging tips