Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher Monday (Teacher Week '13)


I am excited to be participating in Teacher Week this year. Be sure to check back all week for a classroom tour, some organizational tips, and some freebies later in the week, but today is Meet the Teacher Monday!! Since I am sure you don't want to know everything...here is the quick version of meet the teacher.


1. I am headed back to 3rd grade this year after a year in central administration. Telling teachers this in professional development last week definitely got me some odd looks (not to mention the people in HR when I signed my new contract), but the pay cut is worth my happiness...and I am happiest when I am in the classroom. Thankfully my husband (who also teaches) was totally understanding and agrees...happy wife, happy life!

2. I am about to celebrate my third anniversary tomorrow. I am so thankful to be married to my best friend (cheesy, I know...but so true). He goes out of his way to make my life easier and better, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone or anything else...not even Brad Pitt in the 90's.

3. I am the proud momma of an almost 1-year old (Wednesday is the big day!). Cute as a bug, the girl stole my heart from moment one. She is spunky and full of personality...and stubborn and opinionated, just like her mom. We let her have at her smash cake yesterday to some totally adorable results, as you can see below.


4. I love my DVR. Now that our baby girl is the primary focus of our days (and nights), the DVR has allowed me to indulge in some junk TV before bed. America's Got Talent, anyone?

5. Ice cream and iced coffee are my weaknesses. Bring me a Blizzard from DQ and we might as well be best friends. There is just something about ice cream that makes a person happy...probably all the calories, unfortunately. As for the iced coffee, a girl needs caffeine to get up throughout the night with a baby and to still conquer the world during the day...

And there you have it! Be sure to check out the other fabulous bloggers linking up for Meet the Teacher Monday, and pop by tomorrow for a tour of my new classroom.


6 comments:

Susan said...

Your baby is beautiful! Have a great year!

Sarah K said...

Your little gal is a cutie. Happy birthday to her!


Sarah
MissKinBK

Eclectic Educating said...

That picture of your little one is too cute! I am glad you get to go back to something you love. Wishing you a great school year!

Amy
Eclectic Educating

Rachel said...

Loved learning more about you! My DVR is my favorite investment ever..lol!
A Tall Drink of Water

Stephanie McConnell said...

Come join in on the fun today and link up. I would love to read your words of inspiration. http://thenewprincipalprinciples.blogspot.com/2013/08/lets-make-statement.html

Stephanie McConnell said...

Come join in on the fun today and link up. I would love to read your words of inspiration. http://thenewprincipalprinciples.blogspot.com/2013/08/lets-make-statement.html

 
Blogging tips